Vitamin/nutriceutical combination (By mouth)
Given to people who need more vitamins in their diet. Nutriceuticals are substances that are generally believed (but not proven) to increase health and well-being.
Actiflovit, Actitrom, Advanced Eye Health, Alga-K, Alive! Multi-Vitamins Adult Gummies, Animi-3, Apetex, Apetigen, Apetigen Plus, Ascocid-1000, B3-500, BP Vit 3, Balanced B100, Bromase, CardiopressThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients. If you are not sure what the ingredients are, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use this medicine if you are under 18 years old.
How to Use This Medicine:
Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Capsule, Long Acting Capsule, Wafer, Chewable Tablet, Liquid Mixture, Spray, Powder
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Swallow the tablet, extended-release tablet, extended-release capsule, capsule, or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not break, chew, or crush it.
- Chew the chewable tablet thoroughly before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- It is generally not harmful if you miss a dose of a vitamin supplement. Take it as soon as you remember. Do not take two doses at one time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Ask your doctor before you take this supplement. There are many drugs that can interact with supplements. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.
- Talk with your doctor before you take this supplement if you are using a blood thinner such as aspirin or warfarin (Coumadin®). Make sure your doctor knows if you are using a medicine to lower cholesterol such as lovastatin, Lescol®, Lipitor®, Pravachol®, or Zocor®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor what vitamins are best for you to use.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, or a history of kidney stones. Make sure your doctor knows if you have a bleeding disorder. Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, low-blood sugar, rheumatoid arthritis, or any other problems with your immune system.
- You should not use certain brands of this medicine if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis, because they may harm your kidneys. Ask your caregiver what brands are best for you.
- You should not use more of a multivitamin than your doctor has ordered or more than the package label recommends. Some vitamins can build up in your body and can be harmful.
- Multivitamins can turn urine bright yellow and stools a darker color. This is normal.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. You may need to stop using this medicine several days before you have surgery or medical tests.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine (aspartame). This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). If you have this condition, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Memory loss.
- Severe stomach pain.
- Unusual sleepiness or dizziness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Constipation or diarrhea.
- Excessive hunger.
- Loss of appetite or unexpected weight loss.
- Nervousness or trouble sleeping.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 7/4/2018